- Talk about your experience. Sometimes the simple act of talking about what happened can help relieve your stress and anxiety.
- Drive with a rider you trust.
- Start with slow, short trips.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Consider a defensive driving class.
Is it normal to be afraid of driving after a car accident?
Vehophobia is an extremely common anxiety disorder that people typically experience after being involved in a motor vehicle accident. This is usually due to the fact that they’re suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which can cause flashbacks of the event.
How long does anxiety last after car accident?
The latest study by British researchers suggests that at least one-third of all people involved in nonfatal accidents have posttraumatic stress disorder, persistent anxiety, depression, and phobias one year after the incident.
How long does it take to feel normal after car accident?
After your car accident, in general, expect soreness to linger for up to six weeks. Normal pain after a car accident usually includes minor soreness. Commonly, car accident victims experience pain in the neck or back.