Is insurance more expensive for truck?
As you might expect, trucks are more expensive to insure than a sedan. The monthly gap in car insurance costs between pickup trucks and cars is $102. If you’re looking for a cheap sedan to insure, consider the Ford Fiesta.
How can I reduce my truck insurance premiums?
- Employ Experienced Drivers.
- Hire Drivers with Clean Driving Records.
- Verify Driver Employment History.
- Map out Your Trucking Routes.
- Use Newer Trucks.
- Consider a Higher Deductible.
Are trucks a lot to insure?
The average truck insurance cost nationwide in 2020 is $1,750 compared to the average for cars at $2,209. That comes to a 26% savings for truck insurance over car insurance.